No Bake Summer Trifles were a staple at my house growing up. I think it was the combination of ease and the fact that they are perfect for feeding a large crowd (hello five kids)! Today I’m excited to share a classic from my childhood, a NO BAKE Strawberry & Chocolate Trifle that is my absolute favorite.
My mom came up with the particular combination and it’s my absolute favorite. It is perfect for a summer festivity, picnic or party. It’s light and fresh, yet has the richness of a decadent dessert.
Absolutely no baking is required, can be made in 15 minutes and the ingredients are easy to find!!
And the very best thing about this recipe? It is embarrassingly easy to make, but looks super impressive. So here’s how it’s done….(see below for recipe).
Strawberry & Chocolate Trifle Recipe
TIPS FOR MAKING A PERFECT NO BAKE SUMMER TRIFLE
- Skip making the angel food cake and buy it from your grocery store! It’s inexpensive and honestly JUST as delicious as homemade. Might as well save a step!
- Use the freshest of fruit! I always like to grab my strawberries the day of to ensure the fruit freshness is on point.
- Don’t skimp on the chocolate bar! I always use either Symphony Bars with Toffee or Snickers for this recipe. It give the trifle a rich crunch that goes perfect with the creamy pudding and cream layers. But don’t skimp! You want that crunch in every bite.
- Use individual trifle bowls! Growing up my mom made trifles in LARGE trifle bowls like THIS. They are really gorgeous for large gatherings, but since I have a small family of four, I love to make everyone their own individual trifle. I mean, how can you possibly pass up this darling single trifle cups!
No Bake Strawberry & Chocolate Mousse Trifle
Find the perfect dessert in this Strawberry & Chocolate Mousse Trifle! It's inexpensive, light and most importantly....no baking required!
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 1 Package Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Block Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1 Bar Toffee Chocolate Bar
- 2 Cups Strawberries
Make chocolate pudding according to instructions. Place in fridge to thicken while you make the cream layer.
Whip your whipping cream with a mixer until you see peaks, add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. With a spatula, fold in your cream cheese. The cream cheese MUST be 100% at room temperature!
Cut the strawberries into slices.
Cut the Toffee Bar into small pieces or chunks.
Take the pudding out of the fridge and start to layer your ingredients in a trifle dish or bowl.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I’d love to hear about your experience or if you have any recommendation to make it EVEN BETTER!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Try some of these!
HOMEMADE ICE CREAM