This post was sponsored by Amazon in partnership with Forward Influence. However, all opinions are 100% my own.
Can we all agree that Amazon is the BEST thing to happen to civilization? I do almost all my shopping online and Amazon is my go-to online retailer. Itís just so convenient and Amazon Prime is for reals my best friends.
Not only is the shipping so ridiculously fast and shopping is easy, they ship boxes that ARE PERFECT for Halloween Boxtumes!
Itís no secret that Iím obsessed with Halloween. I canít get enough of the spooky parties and DIY Halloween costumes (hello Rodeo Queen Costume and Lemonade Stand Costume). This year my cute daughter wanted to be a Ballerina Jewelry Box and this mama decided she HAD to deliver. Luckily, Amazon and their fabulous boxes totally saved the day. †
My daughter loved how the Jewelry Box turned out, so I thought Iíd share how I made it in case someone out there in internet land was interested in recreating.
Amazon Box 12X19 Inches
Pink Spray Paint or Pink Acrylic Paint
Box Cutter or Scissors
Silver Pom Poms
HOW TO MAKE A BALLERINA JEWELRY BOX COSTUME
- Take your Amazon smile box and cut the bottom flaps off. Also cut three of the top flaps. Leave the longest flap attached to the box.
2. Take one of the long box flaps that you just cut off and hot glue it to the attached flap. Youíre building the upright portion of the jewelry box.
Glue wood or pieces of cardstock on the back of the flaps to ensure they hold strong. †
3. Spray paint the jewelry box pink! You can also paint it with pink acrylic paint. I used spray paint because itís what I had.
4. Cut an oval out of a leftover piece of cardstock and cover it with tin-foil. This will be there mirror. Hot glue the Ďmirrorí to the back of the jewelry box (or the upright flaps).
Use the extra cardboard to cut out drawers and hot glue them to the jewelry box.
And now comes the FUN part! Decorating the box!!
6. I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 to cut out glitter paper scallops and hot glued them around the jewelry box.
7. I also cut out glitter paper stars and hot glued them all over the box.
8. The last thing I did was wrap three different strands of ribbon around the bottom of the box to give the jewelry box some more texture and color!
And thatís it!! It ended up being SUPER simple and I didnít have to go to the store to buy anything. I was able to use products from things I had lying around the house which is a major costume win in my book!
Even better, my little ballerina was ecstatic! She canít wait to show her friends. So thank you Amazon for making her and my dreams come true!
PIN THE BALLERINA JEWELRY BOX COSTUME FOR LATER