In a world of SO much controversy and negativity, I’ve been trying to teach my girls how important it is to be a light in other peoples lives and how a simple act of kindness can ignite a snowball of positivity.
In brainstorming different ways to serve others, my girls decided we could deliver a SUNSHINE BOX to neighbors, friends and strangers who might need a little pick me up.
Interested in making a Sunshine Box of your own? It’s SUPER simple! Here’s how I made mine:
HOW TO MAKE A SUNSHINE BOX
- Paint yellow stripes on a white shipping box.
- Paint the inside flaps white.
- Download, print and cut out the ‘Sending You A Little Sunshine To Brighten Your Day’ printable. (Download at the bottom of the post).
- Hot glue the printable on the bottom, top and side flaps of the box.
- Fill the box with yellow-themed goodies!
- Top with a sunshine balloon and send.
Curious what to put in a sunshine box? Here’s what I used to fill my sunshine box with happiness:
WHAT TO PUT IN A SUNSHINE BOX
Yellow Paper Pinwheels
Yellow Notebooks (I found mine in the Michaels Dollar Spot, but these or these or these are cute)!
Lemon Chapstick (I don’t remember where I picked mine up, but I’m obsessed with this and this brand).
Yellow Baker’s Twine
Yellow Washi Tape
Pineapple Trident Gum
Curious about the whole process?! I made a video detailing every single step I took to get from an empty box, to a bright and full SUNSHINE BOX! You can even see the method I used to deliver the box! All I can say is that it’s as fun as I remembered from when I was a kid.
PIN THESE SUNSHINE BOX IDEAS FOR LATER
Looking for more Sunshine Party Ideas, check out these posts: