Over the last few weeks, I’ve received a dozen or so emails from teachers or room moms asking for bulletin board and teacher door ideas. I’ve never done a teacher decor craft so I thought I’d oblige! Plus, it’s my dream of all dreams to be in charge of a school’s bulletin boards, so I thought I’d create some of those ideas that are floating around in my brain.
It’s no secret that I’m OBSESSED with Apples. Especially when it comes to back to school. I just can’t get away from Apple Crafts! Have you seen any of these posts: GEOMETRIC APPLE DIY GIFT BAGS, PLASTIC TUBE APPLE CRAFT, FREE PRINTABLE APPLE BANNER, FREE APPLE PRINTABLE PENCIL TOPPER?
Well come August, I always have apples on the brain and decided to create an apple Backdrop/Teacher Door/Bulletin Board with my Cricut Maker.
I thought you might be interested in making your own Apple-themed Front Door decor, so I’ve provided the tutorial here:
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE TEACHER DOOR
Fadeless Black Paper Roll (4FT X 10 X)
Red Cardstock (12X12)
Green Cardstock (12X12)
Metallic Silver Cardstock (12X12)
Red & Greed Patterned Cardstock (12X12)
Brown Cardstock (12X12)
1. Head to Cricut Design Space and type “Apple” in the projects search tab.
2. Choose the ‘Apple Jar Tag’ project and ‘customize.’
3. Delete ALL the layers except an apple, stem and leaf and re-size. You’ll need 8, 11X11 red apples and 7, 6X6 green apples.
4. Place your red (four patterned, four solid), green (four patterned, four solid) and brown papers on a Cricut Mat (I like the light grip) and cut! Again, you’ll want to cut 8, 11X11 inch red apples and 7, 6X6 inch green apples.
5. Using the text tool, type ‘You’re The APPLE Of My Eye’ on the canvas. Each letter of ‘You’re The’ and “Of My Eye’ should be about 4 inches wide. Each letter in ‘Apple’ should be around 11 inches wide.
6. Roll out your black butcher paper roll and start laying out your apples and letters. I put four large red apples and three/four green apples on the top, the saying in the center and four large apples and three/four small green apples on the bottom.
7. Once you have everything like you like it, glue down!
And there you have it! The Cricut Maker makes this Teacher Bulletin Board Idea a total breeze! Your machine does all the work.
As always, if you create this craft, make sure to tag me on social media using #LTDcrafts!
PIN THE TEACHER FRONT DOOR IDEA FOR LATER
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.