Mother’s Day is upon us! I learned long ago that if I wanted to have the best Mother’s Day ever, I needed to take some matters into my own hands.
I print off my own Mother’s Day card and make everyone sign it and I try to plan a Mother’s Day Brunch with all my favorite moms to celebrate US every year.
Because let’s be honest, as mom’s often-times mother’s day can be a bit of a disappointment. Our kids fight, forget about us or our husbands fail to make the days as absolutely special as we think it should be.
But if I throw my own Mother’s Day Brunch, there will most definitely be sweets and LOTS of time to relax and chat with my besties.
I thought I’d throw some of my BEST Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas out there for when you’re ready to take over your Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas
- Decorate! Create a beautiful table-scape because it’s fun! Not because you have to or feel pressured to, but because it’s enjoyable, an excuse to be creative and spoil yourself and your mom friends.
- Craft some party favors! There is something about making something for someone else, especially someone you love that is so meaningful and therapeutic. This year I am using my Cricut? Explore Air? 2 Special Edition Martha Stewart Machine to make paper flower favor bags!?
I thought you might be interested in recreating the bag, so a FULL picture tutorial is at the bottom of this post.
- Make or buy your favorite treat! It’s not often you get to take to sit down and enjoy your favorite treat. My most favorite thing of all time are sugar cookies. I make them for my Mother’s Day Brunch not only so I can eat them, but so I can share my sugar cookie passions with my friends!
- Buy yourself some fresh flowers! I know a lot of people think they are a waste, but how about splurging on some potted plants that you can plant in your garden later? I don’t know what it is, but fresh flowers bring so much happiness to holidays, life and most certainly to a table.
- Block of time to celebrate. What’s the use of hosting a brunch if you have to rush your way through it. Block of a solid four hours. Yep!! FOUR WHOLE HOURS. Four hours where you are uninterrupted and can enjoy your table, food, friends, flowers and treats!
HOW TO MAKE MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH DECORATIONS
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH FAVOR BAGS
Cricut Explore Air 2 Special Edition, Martha Stewart Machine Bundle
12X12 Colored Cardstock
White Paper Favor Bags
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH FAVOR BAGS
Head to Design Space and open up this Mother’s Day Brunch project. It’s adapted from one of the MANY Martha Stewart cut files.
Arrange your colored paper (I used pink and purple for the flowers and green for the leaves) on your Cricut Mat and press MAKE IT.
Watch as your Cricut Martha Machine does ALL the work! Once all your pieces (two flower pieces per one flower and stems) peel them off the mat.
Take your ZipDry (I LOVE this stuff for paper crafting!) and glue the leaves to your white favor bag.
Next glue the flower pieces on the leaves. Place one flower on top of the other, staggering the petal.
Finally, glue the felt ball in the center of your flower. I used ZipDry, but I think hot glue might be a more permanent option if you’re worried about the ball falling off.
Let dry, fill with chocolate goodies and place them on your Mother’s Day Brunch table!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
PIN MOTHER’S DAY BRUNCH IDEA