I’m back again today to share another tutorial from my Unicorn Party! I’ve showed you how to PRINT AND CUT PIN THE HORN ON THE UNICORN and HOW TO MAKE A UNICORN CAKE and today I’m going to share my Backdrop Tutorial.
If you follow Love The Day, you know I’m OBSESSED with backdrops (see HOW TO MAKE A TROPICAL BACKDROP, DIY HOMEMADE CONFETTI BACKDROP or DIY BACKDROP FOR BABY SHOWER). They are such an easy way to frame a party and the easiest way to make a statement.
This backdrop was the first thing I dreamed up when I drew out the Unicorn Party. It’s so easy to make and I love how it looks behind the party spread.
Here’s how you make it:
DIY Unicorn Backdrop Tutorial with the new Cricut Design Space
Cricut Explore Air
12 X 12 Cardstock (I used pink, yellow, purple and gold glitter paper)
Hot Glue Gun
- Roll out your oversized White Backdrop.
2. I actually created my backdrop shapes in the new Cricut Design Space. Have you had a chance to use it yet? It’s SO, SO fabulous. I can’t get over how easy it is to use and much more clean the experience is.
So I drew out three rectangle shapes using the SHAPES function on the left. I tweaked the size a bit (which is now at the top of the Design Space frame…yes! I love it!) to get it exactly the size and shape I wanted.
I also drew out a star using the SHAPES function.
AND my most favorite part of the Design Space update….I changed the colors of each rectangle and the star to match the color of the paper it will be cut on. SAY WHAT?!?!?
Since I was cutting at least 40-60 rectangles of each color, this small feature made the whole process SO, SO easy. No need to come back to ensure I had the right paper on the right mat. No need to count every.single.rectangle. I was able to choose the color I wanted for each cut and in the Make It section choose how many I wanted of that color. Oh my goodness…I love this feature so much.
3. Take the colored rectangles and start to glue down on your white backdrop. I started with one color and hot- glued it vertically in sections.
4. After the pink section, I glued down the yellow and purple rectangles in vertical sections.
5. Next glue down the gold glitter stars.
6. Blow up your white balloons and use the double-sided tape to tape the balloons to the backdrop.
Check out more of my Unicorn Party here:
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Crictu . The opinions and text are all mine.