Hi ladies! It’s Amy Robison here to share with you a super easy gift or party favor you can make in just a few minutes. These origami flower pot gifts are perfect for Mother’s Day, teacher appreciation, a garden party and more.
It feels like spring is finally here for good and there won’t be any more surprise snow storms mixed in the week with our warm spring weather. Has that been happening where you live too? It totally confuses my kids. Haha!
Earlier this month I hosted the funnest flower garden party for my kids and their friends in the neighborhood. We planted some seeds in egg crates so we can all get a head start on making our homes beautiful for the upcoming season.
We have been pulling weeds and getting our yard ready to plant their little starts that have grown from the seeds we planted at the party.
I have had flowers on my mind since, and these origami flower pot gift pockets are so easy and adorable that I had to share them with you.
They would be so cute as a party favor, or a gift for mom, grandma or a teacher with a little tag that says, “Thank you for helping me grow.”
How to Fold an Origami Flower Pot Gift
- Square piece of paper. Mine measures 8″ x 8″. Wrapping paper or text weight paper works best. Cardstock is thick and can be hard to fold.
- Circle punch for tag (1.5″)
- Scrap piece of paper for circle tag
- Hole punch for tag
1. Gather your supplies. Refer to the complete list above.
2. Fold the square in half, matching one corner to the opposite corner to make a triangle. The fold will run along the bottom.
3. Fold the bottom, right corner up to the left side.
4. Fold the bottom, left corner up to the right side so that it mirrors step 3.
5. Fold the top, front flap down.
6. Lift that flap and fold down the tip about a third of the way down.
7. Fold that top over again.
8. Fold it over once more making a lip of the flower pot pocket. Flip the pot over and repeat steps 5-8 on the back flap. This lip on the pot will stay down better once you fill the pocket.
9. Punch out a circle tag using your 1.5″ circle punch.
10. Punch a hole in the circle tag big enough for your ribbon to slide through.
11. Tie the tag around the flower pot using the ribbon.
12. Fill with seeds, handmade flowers, treats and more.
Be sure to check out some more fun flower posts for additional gift ideas.