My latest Love The Day tip & trick involves how to make the lemon frosting. It’s a no-fail recipe that creates the perfect frosting every time! In fact, I garantee that you will forgo the cupcake and eat this frosting right off the spoon. It’s that good!
The secret is to not only use the juice of an actual lemon (bypass the pre-made lemon juice and go straight to the source), but you HAVE to use the zest of the rind as well. It provides the perfect amount of lemon and punch!
- 2 cups shortening
- 8 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 6 ounces heavy cream
- Juice from one lemon and 1 Tablespoon zest from the rind.
- Cream shortening until fluffy. Add confectioner’s sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
- Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream blend on low speed until moistened. Add additional whipping cream if necessary (up to 2 ounces). Beat at high speed until frosting is firm.