Now for the watermelon purse tutorial everyone has been asking about. The watermelon purse was a major hit at the party and provided guests with both a fun craft and the perfect little container to put their party favors in. The secret to these purses is actually in its materials. They were made out of Chinet’s Classic White Paper Plates! You know those really sturdy ones. I am obsessed with them.
And to see more photos from the Watermelon Party, check out these Watermelon Party Ideas, the Watermelon Party Dessert Table, DIY Watermelon Decorations or Watermelon Ice Cream Cups.
Read below to discover how to create.
1. Cut either a Round or Oval Classic White Chine Paper plate in half. Make sure that it is straight down the center.
2. Paint the back of the plates red and green with acrylic paint. Paint the inside or base of the plate red and the outside rim green.
3. Using a hot glue gun, glue the two sides together (painted sides outward).
4. When the glue has cooled, paint the inner lip of the glued plates green.
5. DOWNLOAD free watermelon seed template, print and cut out the seed (watermelon decals included just for fun).
6. Trace the watermelon seeds with a pencil on the purse.
7. Fill in traced seed with a Sharpie Marker.
8. Using a drill with a small bit, drill holes into each side of the purse.
9. String ribbon through the holes and tie.