My most loyal of followers already know this, but I am a sucker for s’mores (see my Indoor S’more Bark or S’more Gift Idea) . Like they are my most favorite treat. I’d do just about anything for a perfectly roasted s’more (especially if it’s up in a canyon, eaten over a fire). When I eat one, I feel like I’m back in Utah, up Little Cottonwood Canyon, playing in the dirt with my two younger sisters while my adorable dad gets the pop-up tent trailer ready for bed. It’s such a nostalgic treat for me and brings back so many wonderful childhood memories of camping with my family.
Over the years I have experimented with s’more recipes and have found that if a canyon and fire are unavailable, a baked version can be just as delightful (and makes your house smell AMAZING). I’ve combined a few of my favorite S’more Bar recipes and have created what I think is the ULTIMATE BEST S’MORE BAR EVER! They have a secret ingredient. Can you say Nutella!! Do you know you can buy a 6lb tub of Nutella on Amazon…I mean what do you do with all that Nutella?
Anyway…the NutellaS’more Bars are ridiculous! Rich, gooey and oh so sweet. They have the perfect combination of graham, sweet hazelnut and toasted marshmallows. You can find the recipe below.
Any other S’more lovers out there?! Do you have a S’more recipe I MUST know about??!
And tip***, if you really like a strong graham flavor to your S’more treats, double the base of this recipe. It’s magical.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup Nutella
- 5 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13” pan with parchment or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and brown sugar until crumbly. Mix in eggs and vanilla and then add in salt, baking powder, then graham cracker crumbs and flour. Mixture will be sticky.
- Spread in pan and bake for about 22-25 minutes until it starts to turn brown. I like these a little undercooked and gooey!
- Remove from the oven and when almost cooled, spread the Nutella.
- Top with marshmallows and broil on high for about 1-2 minutes. Just be careful not to burn!