This post is sponsored by the fabulous Michaels, but my love for Michaels is all my own!†
Iím so excited to share my latest paper craft creation with you today! Iíve teamed up with Michaels for their 14 Day MAKE-A-THON to show you how to make a DIY Homemade Confetti Backdrop.
As you know, Iím big into backdrops (like my FOOTBALL BACKDROP, this DIY BACKDROP IDEA and this JINGLE & MINGLE BACKDROP) and Iím a firm believer into putting effort into a large statement craft to make a party fabulous. This particular backdrop is actually pretty easy to make and brings so much color to a party. Itís the perfect focal point. All that is required to make the backdrop are lots of homemade confetti, a large jar of rubber cement and time! I love how it turned out and can see me using this idea for baby/bridal showers, weddings, bulletin boards and photo-booths (in all different colors of course).
Continue reading to see how to make the Homemade Confetti Backdrop.
DIY Homemade Confetti Backdrop Tutorial
Colored Paper Cardstock
Cricut Explore Air 2 or 3 inch, 2 inch and 1 inch circle punches
White Backdrop Paper (I used this)
- Cut 24, 3 inch circles in 6 different colors. I used my Cricut Machine, but circles punches work great too.
- Cut 24, 2 inch circles in the same 6 colors.
- Cut 24, 1 inch circles in the same 6 colors.
- Cut handfuls of rectangles in each color. Shape and size as desired.
- Start glueing the 3 inch circles across the top of the backdrop paper.
- Layer the circles as you work down the backdrop (going from large circles to small).
- Stagger less and less, smaller circles as you get to the bottom of the paper.
- Add a few rectangle confetti pieces according to your liking.
- †Let dry and hang!
What about you?! Do you like to create large party props? Decor? Backdrops?! I’d love to see some of your creations!