It’s time for another Michaels Makers Challenge! This month is all about back to school and getting your littles ready for the new school year. That is what I absolute LOVE about Michaels: you can purchase everything your child needs to be organized and ready for school, but the store also provides you with the products and craft supplies to throw the perfect back to school party! And what’s a party without a garland? Today I am sharing how to make this super easy/no-sew crayon garland for your back to school party or is perfect for all you teachers looking for ways to decorate your classrooms. Follow along belong for instructions.
And for more back to school ideas, check out my Back To School Teacher Gifts, Back To School Crafts and Back To School Teacher Gift Idea.
8 1/2 X 11 Stiff Felt Sheets in Crayon Colors, Black
White Rick Rac
Black & White Embroidery Thread
Poster Board (if you would like a real sturdy garland – used for extra support)
1. Cut out all paper pattern pieces, pin to your felt and cut. PATTERN CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE.
For each crayon you will need:
– 2 crayons (if you would like a backing)
– 1 black oval
– 2 black strips for top and bottom of crayon
– 1 crayon cut out of poster board for extra support
2. After everything is all cut out, it’s time to stitch! Using a simple topstitch, stitch around the colored crayon in black and stitch around the black oval and strips in white with your embroidery thread.
3. Glue crayon piece to poster board if you would like additional support. Glue oval and strips in place.
Glue Ric Rack on the black strips.
4. Glue the crayon to your ribbon.