We ALL know I’m mighty obsessed with the every-famous pom pom. They tend to pop into my work A LOT like in my Embroidery Hoop Craft, my Ballerina Jewelry Box Costume and in my Cricut Birthday Ideas. Today I decided to use them to make DIY Flower Cake Toppers!
Ever since the new Cricut Scoring Wheels have come out, I’ve stepped up my paper crafting. These flowers are made SO, SO easy with a scoring tool. No longer do I have to fold and eventual rip paper like before.
It might be one of my favorite Cricut tools.
As spring approaches I can’t help but make A MILLION of these bright, colorful pom pom flowers. I’m going to use them in my cakes….backdrops…garlands, all the party things!
I thought you may need (ok…want) to make Pom Pom Flowers of your own, so I’ve put together a tutorial.
MATERIALS NEEDED TO MAKE A DIY FLOWER CAKE TOPPERS
12 X 12 Cardstock
Pom Poms (I made homemade yarn poms with this tool)
Hot Glue Gun
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DIY FLOWER CAKE TOPPERS
1. Open up Design Space to this DIY Flower Cake Topper.
2. I placed my 12X12 Cardstock on my Cricut Mat and pressed MAKE IT.
Here’s how the flowers came out! It’s hard to tell in the photo, but the scoring wheel scored all those flower petals. How dreamy is that?
3. Once your flowers are cut, fold those amazingly brilliant scored folds. It’s SO therapeutic. Thank you Scoring Wheel!
4. Take your store-bought or homemade pom poms and hot glue them in the center of the flowers. Let dry.
5. Hot glue the lollipop stick to the back of the flower. Let dry and then stick in your cake or cupcake!
PIN THE DIY FLOWER CAKE TOPPERS FOR LATER
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.