Before I get to the fun Marshmallow Ice Cream Cones and how they came about, I have some exciting news! I’ve been chosen, along with four other fabulous bloggers, to be a JET-PUFFED 2015 Blogger. I am the only non-baking/food blogger in the group and am SO, SO excited to showcase how JET-PUFFED Marshmallows can be used in party and craft settings! I use marshmallows in my parties ALL.THE.TIME (see my Marshmallow Turkeys, S’more Bark, Marshmallow Brownies, Frankenstein Marshmallows and Crayon Marshmallow Pops) so working with this brand is what dreams are made of.
Exciting right? Well onto my first post for this fabulous brand. Summer is nearly here and I am anxious to get my kids home from school to check items off our family bucket list and to make new memories together. Items on our list include floating down the river, star-gazing, and throwing an ice cream party. Summer is nothing without ice cream, making it the perfect party theme for a hot summer day. While experimenting treat ideas for our ice cream celebration, I came up with these marshmallow ice cream cones made with mini ice cream cones, candy melts, JET-PUFFED marshmallows and sprinkles. Because they are made with marshmallows rather than ice cream, they are mess free and perfect for a party display. Here’s how you make them:
- 20 Mini Ice Cream Cones
- 1 Package of Mini JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 20 Large JET-PUFFED Regular Marshmallows
- 2 Cups of Candy Melts
- 1/4 Cup of Sprinkles
- 20 Red Candies
- Melt 2 cups of candy melts in the microwave.
- Once melted, dip the rim of a mini ice cream cone into the chocolate.
- Immediately transfer the cone into a bowl of sprinkles, ensuring all the chocolate/rim is covered.
- Set aside to let harden.
- Repeat with the 19 other cones.
- Take a regular JET-PUFFED marshmallow and dip in the candy melt until half of the marshmallow is covered.
- Immediately top with a few sprinkles and a red candy.
- Set aside to harden.
- Once both the marshmallow and cone has hardened, fill the ice cream cone with JET-PUFFED minis and place the large, dipped marshmallow atop of the cone.
Connect with Love The Day
Connect with JET-PUFFED!
Disclosure: I have partnered with Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows to bring you this fun post, but all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.
Check out some of these other darling Ice Cream Party ideas from around the web: