It’s very much peach season here in Texas and I’m loving experimenting with new recipes to use up all these delicious peaches I have. I’ve had a few failed attempts and a few successes! And this frozen peach dessert has been a total win! Seriously it’s so yummy! It’s an adaption from the The Essential Mormon Cookbook. I changed the top, peach layer a little bit because I’m not a big fan a jello. I made a delicious sugary peach pie filling-like topping instead.
This dessert is best served frozen with homemade ice cream!
If you use this recipe, I would love to hear what you think! And tag your pictures on social media with hashtag #lovethedaytreats.
- 1 Box of Vanilla Wafers
- 1/2 Cup Butter (melted)
- 2 package 8oz Cream Cheese (fully softened)
- 2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 5 Fresh Peaches
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Take the Vanilla Wafers and crumble in a food processor. They should resemble bread crumbs.
- Take the melted butter and combine with the Vanilla Wafer crumbs. Place the crumbs in an 8 1/2 X 13 pan, pressing down firmly with your fingers. Freeze for about an hour.
- Combine the Cream Cheese and powdered sugar in a mixer. Place the frosting on your wafer crust and freeze for an hour.
- Bring your water and sugar to a boil and take off the burner. Pour over our peeled and sliced peaches. Pour the sugary peach mixture over your crust and frosting. Freeze.
And check out these fabulous peach desserts from around the web: