Hello!! My name is Lindi Haws, founder of Love The Day and I am so crazy happy you are here. I began Love The Day in 2010 in a effort to survive my law-school-attending husband’s absence and my new found role as a mom. I needed a hobby, a creative outlet and a way to interact with the human race.
I started posting some of my freelance graphic design projects, homemade parties and craft projects and realized wowsers, I really needed to combine all these passions into a business. My Love The Day Etsy Shop opened soon after, providing my wonderful readers with customized printable everything for their celebration needs. Since opening, Love The Day has quickly become a leading resource for printable designs, diy parties, and entertaining inspiration.
My work can be seen in Parents Magazine, Yum Food & Fun For Kids Magazine, Serendipity Magazine, Cottages and Bungalows Magazine and on the Craft Channel. I’ve worked with brands such as Michaels, Elmer’s, Martha Stewart, Cricut, Chinet, Home Goods, Oriental Trading and World Market. I love the creative process and feel so blessed to be able to do what I love and to meet such amazing people along the way.
And on a more personal note, here is what you REALLY need to know about me:
– I’m a wife to the most handsome, intelligent person I have ever met. He can fix anything, has a freakish green thumb, will help anyone in need and comes up with the best children’s stories. He’s also a lawyer, electrical engineer and mathematician. Seriously, he’s the bomb. Just check him out.
– I’m a mom of two beautiful girls who are the center of my universe. They come before Love The Day…always.
– I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and believe in the healing power of my Savior, Jesus Christ. Being a member of the LDS church encompasses every aspect of my life and the choices I make. You can contact me if you have questions or would like to know more about what I believe.
– My siblings, parents and I are freakishly close. All seven of us talk to each other every.single.day. I talk to my mom twice a day.
– I struggle with depression and have Hoshimotos. Everyone has their hold-ups and that is mine. I don’t talk about it very often, because I like to think that it’s terrible effects don’t control me, but it is there and some days can just suck. If you are suffering from depression or think you may have it, please contact me. I would love to share my experience with you.
– I make my bed everyday.
– I’m pretty obsessed with the following: glitter, sprinkles, Diet Coke, dance parties, learning new things, politics, crossword puzzles, cupcakes, really pretty paper, BYU football, Lake Powell, the smell of basil, patterns, puns, Masterpiece Theatre, networking, holidays, ethnic food, traveling, good printers, podcasts, cake stands and ribbon. In no particular order.
– I do not do: mustard, bad grammar, disloyalty, foam in any form, the word moist, surprises (totally have expectation problems), the color brown or cream, socks on the sidewalk, pickles, anyone touching my neck. I also get really grumpy if I don’t have one sort of treat everyday. In no particular order.
And that’s about it. Well the most important parts of me.