This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
This holidays are coming and it’s never too early to start thinking about Christmas teacher gift ideas. Last year my kids gave these ‘For My A’MASON’ing Teacher’ jars and ‘Nuts About You’ candy cones to the various teachers in their lives. This year, we are going a little different route. I’m pretty obsessed with making OREO Cookie Balls (have you tried them? they are incredible!) and decided they would make a perfect gift for our fabulous teachers. Because let’s be honest, who doesn’t need OREO everything in their lives? I’m thinking I will make a bunch, cover them with sprinkles (yes, I’m obsessed with sprinkles as you see here, here and here) and place them in adorable wooden crates. I designed coordinating ‘It’s been a ball being in your class’ tags and am going to place them on the crates.
If you are interested in re-creating this Christmas teacher gift idea, I’m offering the tags as a free printable! You can download them HERE. I’ve also included the OREO Cookie Balls recipe below so you can make the balls for your gifts. Seriously, you are going to thank me after you make them! And if you are looking to purchase all your ingredients at once, you can get everything at WalMart. Hooray for convenience!
Have you started planning your Christmas Teacher Gifts yet? What about neighbor gifts? For more inspiration, check out Kraft’s Holiday Recipes.
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!