Cinco De Mayo is days away and I am here to help you celebrate! I’m not going to lie, I’ve never really known the history behind this holiday, but have always used it as an excuse to have friends come over for chips and salsa. After a quick Wikipedia search, I learned a little bit about The Day of the Battle of Puebla and now have a legitimate reason to have friends come over for chips and salsa! And while I’m at it, I might as well serve some lime cupcakes, tres leches or flan decorated and topped with some Cinco De Mayo Printables.
I thought you may want these toppers for your celebrations and am offering them as a free download. So Happy Cinco De Mayo and have fun decorating with these Cinco De Mayo printables.
Here’s how you make the toppers:
8.5” x 11” heavy white cardstock paper
Printer (you can use a home printer, online printer or a print shop)
Free Cinco De Mayo Printables
Scissors (I love Fiskars brand)
Popsicle sticks (I like using the colored popsicle sticks; I’ve seen them at The Dollar Tree, Michaels and Target)
Tape or hot glue (Double-sided tape works fantastic)
- Download the free cactus cupcake toppers! You can grab the file at the bottom of this post.
- Print on cardstock.
- Cut out the cactus cupcake toppers.
- Tape or glue each cactus cupcake topper to a popsicle stick.
- Place your toppers into cupcakes (or flan, tres leches, etc.) and enjoy!
- More detailed DIY printable topper instructions can be found in this tutorial.
Now that you know a little bit more about Cinco de Mayo, do you plan to celebrate? If so, how? Or do you already have traditions that carry on from year to year?
And make sure to check out some of my favorite Cinco De Mayo ideas around the web: